Metallic Powder Reflections Pigments composed of mica nano- particles coated with various organic and inorganic pigments to create pearlescent and iridescent effects that mimic the natural look of stone and rock formations.
These unique pigments are designed to be field blended with a 100% solids clear epoxy binder. When the metallic particles are mixed with epoxy they give the coating a shine that reflects light and creates and eye catching dramatic color.
For the most vivid color and dynamic effects we recommend minimum 4 oz or more of pigment for every gallon of epoxy.
- Example, a 3 gallon of epoxy would require a total of 12 oz of metallic powder pigment.
- Mix powder with resin first before adding hardener.
- Be sure to apply backdrop color first, using one of our colored epoxy kits one day prior before starting metallic process.
- Cover is approximately 55-60 Sq.Ft per gallon using 1/8" x 1/8" rubber notch squeegee or magic trowel.
- The metal pigment for the course of the next 4 hours will start to take a new shape, new looks and amazing finishes.
Disclaimer: The colors are represented as closely as possible. Variations should be expected due to differences in substrates conditions, thickness of application, blending colors, application technique, color of initial primer coat. We highly recommend a test/mock up be performed on cement board prior to actual application.